- Type a few descriptive keywords; hit "Enter"
- Google automatically adds "and" between your search
keywords. The order of keywords may affect your search
- Place "quotes_around" the full name you are searching as this brings the two names to the top of the search returns. Use "-" signs before keywords to further refine out of your search. Use the "quotes" signs around common words or stop words, that you want to keep, such as "to" or "LA" "de" "how". Use the "-" sign in front of words you want omitted. For example: property -marital OR -doctor
- Search for phrases by enclosing them in quotation marks. For
example: " power of attorney " or " JOHN J JONES " Born 1900..1902
- Google Search using this example, tilde means any synonym of genealogy, but use your search name: "Mickey Mouse" ~genealogy
- Google Search using this example, tilde means any synonym of marriage, but use your search name: "Mickey Mouse" ~marriage 1900..2000
- Google Search for WHO, WHERE, WHEN for example: "Mickey Mouse" Santa Ana,California 1900..1970 [note: two dots make a date range]
- Google Search using this format, but use your search name: site www.ancestry.com "Mickey Mouse"
- Google Search using this format, but use your search name: site www.rootsweb.com "Mickey Mouse" California
- Google Search for husband and wife, but use your search names: "Mickey Mouse" "Minnie Mouse"
The above search finds the pages containing the desired words. You
may need help finding the exact place in each page.
To search an individual page, use the
FIND function by depressing "Control + F"on the keyboard. Enter the keyword for the search. Then,
click on Find Next
© 1986, SHHAR | Society of Hispanic Historical and Ancestral Research All Rights Reserved.
| Books & Journals
Website Managed by
dasVALE: The Creative & Online Marketing, Design and Consultation Co.